Grand Lodge of Texas Law
Tranquility Lodge No. 2000
Art. 201a. Creation; Membership; Government. Tranquility Lodge No. 2000, whose see is in the Sea of Tranquility on the Moon of the planet Earth, now setting in Waco, Texas, is hereby established for the purpose of promoting, encouraging, conducting and fostering the principles of Freemasonry, and to assist in promoting the health, welfare, education and patriotism of children, subject to the following regulations and restrictions.
1. Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 shall at all times be under control of the Grand Master, and the Trustees of The Grand Lodge of Texas. It shall be subject to all provisions of the Constitution and the Statutes of the Grand Lodge, and operate under the same provisions as specified for the operation of the Research Lodge, in Article 201, which pertain only to officers, dues, dues cards, fees, and assessments of Grand Lodge, jurisdiction over degrees, Masonic charges, trials, funerals, aprons and granting of demits, certificates of good standing, suspension for nonpayment of dues and reinstatement, except as modified by this Article.
2. Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 may adopt By-Laws and may change same from time to time, provided such By-Laws are consistent with the purposes for which the Lodge was established, as stated above. By-Laws and amendments to By-Laws must be submitted in writing, as prescribed by Article 218, and if adopted, must be submitted to the Grand Lodge Trustees for final approval.
3. Any Master Mason who is a member in good standing in any regular Lodge in this jurisdiction, or in any jurisdiction in fraternal relations with this Grand Lodge, may become a member of Tranquility Lodge No. 2000, by payment of a one time fee of $100.00, and such annual dues as adopted by the Lodge. Membership shall continue only so long as such member is in good standing in a regular Lodge in this Jurisdiction, or one in fraternal relations with this Grand Lodge.
4. Membership cards, upon forms prescribed by the Grand Secretary, may be issued by Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 to its members, but such cards shall not serve as an avouchment of good standing for the purposes of visitation or membership in a regular Lodge.
5. Funds of Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 may be used only for its own operation, and for those purposes for which it was established.
6. Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 shall hold stated meetings at least four times a year, in such places and at such times as the Worshipful Master (or in his absence or inability to serve by the Senior Warden, or in the absence of both Master and Senior Warden, by the Junior Warden) may deem necessary or to the interest of the Craft. At least one stated meeting should be held in the city of Waco, Texas. The Annual Stated meeting to elect and install officers of Tranquility Lodge no. 2000, shall be held as close as practical, to July 20.
Tranquility Lodge No. 2000 shall operate under the provisions of this Article, and as modified from time to time by this Grand Lodge, until such time as it can relocate to its rightful place in or near the Sea of Tranquility, on the Moon of the planet Earth; and upon relocation, it shall apply to this Grand Lodge for charter as a Regular Lodge, and when such charter is granted, this Article shall become null and void. (Revised 2004)
Membership in Tranquility Lodge #2000 is open to all Master Masons in Texas under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Texas, A.F. & A.M., or members in Good Standing of those Grand Lodges that are in Fraternal Communication with the Grand Lodge of Texas. Membership fee $100